Total Served/Direct Impact: 39,622
Our collaborative efforts for 2013 programs include SAMHSA/CSAP, Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS), Chicago Public Schools, Safe Haven, Afterschool Matters, Prevention Partnership (PP), Vitas, Greater Chicago Food Depository, FGBCF Midwest Region and State of Illinois Men and Youth, Greater Roseland Food Depository, Comcast, and CEDA/LIHEAP. Provided below is an overview of our year to date impact by program.
- Certified HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency: HUD Agency that offers pre and post purchase counseling services and helps clients negotiate workable housing solutions with their lender in the areas of loss mitigation and loan modification.
- Illinois Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) Sponsor: Affiliate agency with the Illinois Housing Development Authority that facilitates the process for helping qualified homeowners receive up to $35,000 in mortgage assistance.
- Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN): Affiliate agency that assists homeowners with viable options during the foreclosure process. This is a multi-agency effort coordinated by the Illinois Housing Development Authority to connect struggling homeowners with all available assistance, resources and knowledge needed to help them keep their homes.
- Pre and Post Homeowner Counseling: Trained counselors that provide training and guidance in the areas of debt management, financial literacy, budgeting, the home buying process from start to purchase, and recommended after purchase practices.
- CEDA/LIHEAP and Weatherization Program: Authorized agency that assists applicants in applying for CEDA/LIHEAP and Weatherization support for paying their utilities bills and preparing their homes for severe weather.
- Harvest for the World Food Pantry: Onsite service that provides a community based food pantry. Hours of distribution are Saturdays, 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Also, we are seeking volunteers contact us at (773) 881-7710.
- After School Matters (ASM) Youth Programs: Approved site for ASM that provides afterschool and summer programs for youth. Key programs include “The Music Experience” and Safe Haven.
- Circle of Knowledge: An accredited alternative education program that provides continuing support services to individuals that desire to improve their employment skills, basic computer knowledge, and attaining high school level certification.
- Medical Reserve Corps and Emergency Preparedness: Agency working with the Medical Reserve Corps to build teams of local volunteer medical and public health professionals to contribute their skills and expertise to their communities during times of need and disaster recovery.
- Health Awareness Program: Peer educators are available to offer Prostate, Breast & Cervical Cancer, HIV/AIDS, and Fitness awareness geared towards education, prevention, and referrals for testing and treatment, as needed.